I recently heard the phrase “A good headshot is the new handshake” – and it really is! So much business is done online these days, often without even meeting the person you’re dealing with, that it’s essential that you have a headshot that reflects your personality, your brand, and is true to you. When a person sees a good quality picture of you on your website, they start to feel a trust in you that can’t be conveyed with just words, and that gives you a great place to start. This doesn’t just apply to business owners, but also to anyone looking for a job or career change – you’ll want your LinkedIn profile picture to look professional, to project that all important first impression, won’t you? Or would you rather hang on to that blurred, orange tinted, half-your-face-obscured picture of you with half a dozen drunken friends in a nightclub 5 years ago? It’s a no brainer!
- Your current profile picture is dark, blurred, has 3 of your friends and your 2 cats in it (and was probably taken with your iPhone)
- Your current profile pic is more than 18 months old (you should start thinking about booking a session now)
- It enables prospective clients to start building trust in you, employers to see that you’re smart, professional and keen, and potential dates to see that you’re drop dead gorgeous.
- It’s an investment. My headshot sessions are very affordable anyway (currently £119), but when you think about how many social media sites you’ll use your photos on, it works out to an even better deal.
- For business owners, it can convey your brand, whether you want a traditional, corporate feel or something more contemporary and relaxed.
“I needed to refreshed my business and LinkedIn photographs and so I contacted Sara after seeing her portfolio. She is an excellent photographer and quickly understood what I needed.
I would recommend her to any small business looking for professional results.”
Lynn Jackson of LJT Analysis
“Thank you so much for putting me at ease, I was very nervous but everything went great.”
Kerrie Slade – Contemporary Beadwork